July 11th, 2016

that's okay, there wasn't a conversation I was trying to join or anything,

As always, voting gets you a small extra doodle! This one is about Æmber for some reason.

Comment by Jade

Sev has all the subtlety of a bull in a china shop. And...hold up, how does Xira not know what they're talking about? He can read their minds!

posted at 12:22am on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Why?!?!

Well, Xira isn't constantly reading everyone's minds. He has to activate it.

posted at 2:37am on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Heather

Reading minds might actually be of limited usefulness with Sev- he says everything he thinks, as soon as he thinks it, so you don't get any extra information, and you don't get any early warning of what he will say while he thinks about what he plans to say.

posted at 5:17am on July 11th, 2016

omg this is amazing and prOBABLY ACCURATE...........

and yeah, Why's got it -- Xira could hypothetically just cast a spell to read Tareth's mind, but for some reason he wants to interact like a normal human! Weird!

posted at 9:15pm on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Jade

I wrote that comment at 12:18. Don't blame me if I'm incoherent. Also, I like your point that mind-reading isn't as useful for Sev.

posted at 9:51pm on July 11th, 2016

Aaaa just imagine all the glorious trouble she could get into if the Cube could roll. I mean... If she tried REALLY hard she might be able to get the Cube to tip over.

posted at 12:41am on July 11th, 2016

A horrible thought just occurred- if Æmber gets hurt, does it heal?? Could she break her leg and have a broken leg FOREVER!?!

posted at 1:10am on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Heather

I'd almost suspect she can't be hurt- an injury like that is a great change to Æmber, and I would think that wouldn't be a thing that happens, along with aging or needing food/water/the bathroom.

posted at 5:32am on July 11th, 2016

Yeah, I would suspect that she is invincible as a side-effect?

posted at 1:47pm on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Random Passerby

Kind of wanna make "The Hamster Ball of Invincibility" a D&D item or spell now.

Upside: You're invincible, downside: You're in a hamster ball. Useable only by small races.

posted at 1:53pm on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Anonymous Person

Sounds more like Munchkin to me.

posted at 7:48pm on July 11th, 2016

man it's a shame I never played Mother 3 b/c this would be a great time for an Absolutely Safe Capsule reference

posted at 9:22pm on July 11th, 2016

Is it bad that my first reaction was to be suspiscious of Xira putting his hand near where he keeps his runes? I mean, he probably wouldn't try something when Sev is literally a foot from him staring him in the face. But on the other hand, what's to say Xira can't just make them forget his eyes went black as he uttered a magic phrase?

I like Xira a lot, and I continue to hope he doesn't have any malevolent intentions/secrets.

posted at 2:54am on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Heather

Yeah, that final frame definitely doesn't look shifty at all, what with Xira touching his neck and the frame not showing his eyes and all the other general signs of shiftiness...

Actually, he seems to be reasonably good at lying here (or at least not explaining the whole truth), methinks probably because he would have been practicing the answer to this one for a while.

posted at 5:19am on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Jade

I still think that he's a genius for having his spells in his gloves like that.

posted at 9:53pm on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Why?!?!

Oh yeah, best location for them. Who's gonna notice if you're just casually adjusting your gloves?

Actually, this makes me wonder: what constitutes "magical" in this universe? It's been established that runes need be written on magical things to work, so what are Xira's gloves (and Sev's earrings, Jonan's necklace, etc) made of? In Xira's case at least, it looks enough like a regular material to not cause suspicion.

posted at 2:28am on July 12th, 2016

Reply by Jade

They aren't written on his gloves; they're stored in his gloves.

posted at 9:41am on July 12th, 2016

Comment by Heather

AAAAH THE VOTE INCENTIVE IS AMAZING.
It made me laugh very hard.

posted at 5:33am on July 11th, 2016

omg I'm so glad xD

posted at 9:15pm on July 11th, 2016

Comment by Khend

This 'mercy of the Almighty' thing doesn't seem to care that a hamster ball of immortality would be awesome. Probably a lot easier on our author's sanity though.

posted at 11:27am on July 11th, 2016

Comment by Miri LR Powell

Oh, Sev, you are exactly like that loud overly-friendly puppy that keeps tripping over its paws and causes everyone but its owner to go "GOD THAT DOG WTF IS WRONG WITH IT SO ANNOYING WHY DID YOU GET A GD DOG!"

And the family that owns it is like "but it's adorable and it'll grow out of it and even annoying dogs need love" and if you spend more than five minutes with it, you're absolutely in love unless you're a dog-hating monster. Like Jonan.

posted at 11:47am on July 11th, 2016

I'm pretty sure Jonan is like the grumpy uncle who always complains about the dog, but who is actually the one organizing the search party when it goes missing and doesn't sleep until "that stupid dog" turns up. :)

posted at 1:49pm on July 11th, 2016

I LOVE BOTH EXTENSIONS OF THIS ANALOGY SO MUCH

posted at 9:16pm on July 11th, 2016

The HÆmber ball, if you will XD

I'm guessing that, since he's not reading their minds, Xira's approaching because he can only hear half of the conversation.

For that matter, was anyone else there when Tareth and Æmber started talking? Like, do any of them actually know they can talk to each other without writing? I seem to remember it only being them two.

posted at 1:22pm on July 11th, 2016

Reply by Random Passerby

I mean, I suppose Sev could've put 2 and 2 together and realised but... Sev.

posted at 1:37pm on July 11th, 2016

I feel like it would pretty much take half a second of asking "wait how can you hear h---- oh, wait no, silly question, nm" to work it out. Sev isn't good at thinking things through, but he's also known Tareth for way longer than the others!

posted at 9:17pm on July 11th, 2016

Comment by The Quiet One

I'm feeling viciously happy that Xira, as a person with normal hearing, is having issues eavesdropping on a conversation. Do you know how hard it is to eavesdrop as a deaf person? *stares intently at speakers for entire conversation* Like, people will be saying things right behind me that I am desperately curious to understand, but I don't have a clue what is being said unless I very obviously turn around and just watch them. I might as well just grab a bowl of popcorn while I do it. *sigh*

posted at 6:49pm on July 11th, 2016

omg okay this comment about Xira having trouble eavesdropping is officially my favourite reaction to this page

posted at 9:20pm on July 11th, 2016

Looks like Xira passed his bluff check.

*this time anyway...*

posted at 7:56pm on July 11th, 2016

Comment by ashendawn

Is it just me or did Sev only go over to Xira when he tried talking to the girls? Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but is it possible he just dosen't want him near Tareth??

posted at 2:26pm on July 13th, 2016

Reply by Heather

Well, the answer to the question 'Is Sev overly protective of Tarri?' is definitely yes...

posted at 7:21am on July 14th, 2016