May 30th, 2017

in any case i'm sure it has nothing to do with the magic word you started to say just then

Don't forget to vote to see an extra doodle, which is honestly long overdue.

(Also, heads up to Q&A patrons: the Q&A for May went up last week, and it'll be open for new questions until the ninth!)

ALSO also: A bit of a heads up for everyone - when we reach the end of Chapter 4, I'll be taking a couple months' break from updates to finish up planning/scripting/thumbnailing before we jump into the next chapter (which I'm very excited about)!! I'll be sure to let you guys know specific dates and stuff when we get there!

:I

I sure am caught between persistent and stubborn suspicion of Xira and OH NO WHO IS GONNA SAVE YOUR BUTT XIRA.

ALSO!! WILLOW XIRA LOOKS SO COOL DANG.

posted at 12:06am on May 30th, 2017

re: stubborn suspicion and concern, POR QUE NO LOS DOS

posted at 10:36pm on May 30th, 2017

Comment by Hero

I'M SO HETERO FOR WILLOW XIRA???? Shazz what have you DONE to me oh my god.

posted at 12:43am on May 30th, 2017

I love the split in replies here between OH NO, XIRA and willow!xira yelling

posted at 10:27pm on May 30th, 2017

Comment by Baine

(Re: vote incentive)
What DOES Jonan's voice sound like then? I've imagined him sounding like Frollo ever since that Halloween comic.

posted at 12:59am on May 30th, 2017

Reply by Karen

Ditto. If not an exact match then certainly something in that range.

posted at 7:44am on May 30th, 2017

Haha! With the caveat that you can imagine these characters sounding however you like since the canon-ness of vote incentives isn't set in stone, I actually tend to imagine Jonan as having a more high pitched voice -- more of a Jafar evil laugh than a Doctor Horrible evil laugh. (my vague voice headcanons for everyone are on tumblr here)

posted at 10:27pm on May 30th, 2017

Comment by TheOtherDibbler

I AM SO WORRIED RIGHT NOW.

posted at 5:02am on May 30th, 2017

Aaaaaah love the little mention of jonan's voice in the vote incentive, glad that even Sev had imagined it would be deeper. XP

posted at 6:12am on May 30th, 2017

Comment by Himochi

OH NO

posted at 6:35am on May 30th, 2017

Comment by Meggyc

I love all of Xira's expressions on this page. Every. Single. One.

Also, this can't end well. *covers eyes*

posted at 8:01am on May 30th, 2017

(omg thank you, im so glad xD

protect this small psychic)

posted at 10:45pm on May 30th, 2017

Comment by The Quiet One

MY parents always told me never to run when holding a scythe. *ahem*

posted at 11:23am on May 30th, 2017

it's all fun and games until somebody loses a head!!

posted at 10:28pm on May 30th, 2017

Reply by redscarf

I was taught a story about our Lord Odin, where He was posing as a passing traveler and offered to sharpen several farmer's scythes as payment for his night's lodgings. Seeing how well the magic hone Odin used worked to make their blades sharper, the farmers all began demanding that He hand it over. Instead He went out into the middle of a field and cried, "The stone belongs to He who can catch it!" while tossing the hone high into the air. All of the farmers ran to catch the hone, but in their hurry, impaled each other on their newly sharpened scythes. By the time the hone came down, only Odin himself was alive to catch it. Lesson: Don't run with scythes, kiddies.

posted at 1:07pm on June 5th, 2017

Oh what a convenient anti-magic circle, let's all get inside. What could go wrong, Xira, don't be such a crybaby!
OH WOOPS!

Also, it would be really convenient if it supressed the magic inside their hair so it would be un-colored. Oh well, can't have everything. Also we need to move this story forward, huh?

Xira's expression in panel 2: "Oh no. I hate to deal with when people I magically manipulated realize I manipulated them and get all pissed off. SO annoying! UGH!"

posted at 12:33pm on May 30th, 2017

JUST THE WORST, AMIRIGHT

posted at 10:29pm on May 30th, 2017

Comment by Orzahn

But, the streak in his hair is gone... no witch here, no sirree.

posted at 2:30pm on May 30th, 2017

I dunno about that.... Sev and Jonan still have green and red, respectively!

posted at 10:44pm on May 30th, 2017

Reply by Baufenbeast

Out of curiosity, if they cut their hair while inside the anti-magic field, would the tips still recolor immediately?

posted at 12:00am on June 2nd, 2017

Comment by myriadism

lots of people are still suspicious of Xira and his tele-pal but like,, how can you be suspicious of a guy who without magic literally can't lie to save his life omg Xira someone help him...

posted at 8:06am on May 31st, 2017

(omg this comment is so cute)

posted at 6:12pm on June 1st, 2017

Comment by Icarus Hector

THE FACES! OMG! THE FACES!

I feel like I am missing some critical information, are willows the runeverse equivelent of mermaids or something else?

posted at 1:36pm on June 1st, 2017

Yeah, they're a fairy-tale creature! x3 Tareth talked about them here, they're the focus of her Supernatural Teen Romance series.

posted at 6:10pm on June 1st, 2017

Comment by bbullock

I don't get the "half-trader" comment. It makes it sound like "trader" is a culture or ethnic group.
Did I miss something about this, somewhere?

posted at 10:26am on June 5th, 2017

I don't think you missed anything -- but you're correct! Traders/Alaqans are another one of those things where Var├Žnski folks tend to call these people something simple instead of learning their own name for their country.

in the comic, Xira's been referred to as a Trader a couple of times, but it hasn't been explicitly described as his race -- while I guess it'd be weird for someone who doesn't know him to assume that's his occupation, it's only really been spelled out in vote incentives!

posted at 1:00pm on June 5th, 2017