January 7th, 2013

Gosh SOMEONE'S touchy about a miscast spell.......

AND THAT'S THE END OF CHAPTER TWO OH MY GOSH CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. But fear not, everyone! There will be more of the Agorath Order yet, and alllllll will be explained in time~ :")

Voting will, as usual, get you a silly doodle! This one is KIND OF LONG and has another Q&A with questions from the comments section! Confession: I love doing these.

Comment by GiBandit

leaving us hanging. aghagghgaghghghghghg why do writers/artists do this to us poor readers???

posted at 12:06am on January 7th, 2013

BECAUSE WE'RE EEEEEVIL

posted at 7:59pm on January 7th, 2013

So someone said "The best answers are the ones that rewrite the questions." Well this page does just that. So. Many. New. Questions.

What kind of mind magic distorted his face? Was it mind magic at all? So mind magic applies to vegetative nerves as well - of that doesn't seem insanely overpowered at all. Or wait, is that some sort of telekinesis? Can Esra really undo this miscast or is he just "ballsyly lying" again? And who is this Artist? I think he was mentioned before? Like in a "By the name of the Artist" manner or something?

But at least the vote incentive answers a few other ones :D

posted at 5:48am on January 7th, 2013

Reply by dan

I think the artist is a god, or possibly literally the actual artist of the comic, who created the world and basically is their "god". Thinking too deep?

posted at 2:59pm on January 7th, 2013

Oh man, so many questions, this is awesome! And I'm not gonna answer aaaaaany of them yet~~! :D

Oh, but since I have a freakishly precise memory of my own archive, the page you're thinking of is that infamously texty one. :")

posted at 8:17pm on January 7th, 2013

ps. OH MY! I just realized... "Silence!!! I kill you!" pfff :D :D ...sorry

posted at 5:50am on January 7th, 2013

Reply by Rachel's Mom

Awesome! But I must quibble - it's "Silence! I keel you." ;D

posted at 9:12am on January 7th, 2013

Comment by Radar

Do the symbols of your runic script have a translation? It looks a little bit like Futhark, but not quite. Is it a common script or your own invention?

Looking forward to Chapter 3!!!

posted at 6:39am on January 7th, 2013

I was wondering that too. But maybe this was covered before, or wasn't it?

posted at 7:26pm on January 7th, 2013

Thanks! It is my own invention! -- though I was heavily inspired by Futhark when creating it, most existing runic alphabets that I could find didn't have enough letters in their alphabets for what I wanted. :")

The rune-speech is basically just magic words. You could imagine runewriters yelling "Abracadabra!" or some Harry Potter Latin and you'd have the basic gist!
But each runewriter does have his own specific, consistent phrase -- if someone had the inclination to work them out for some reason, they can indeed be translated.

posted at 8:12pm on January 7th, 2013

Comment by Rachel's Mom

Love Esra's face in that next to last panel! Great job, Shazz!

posted at 9:19am on January 7th, 2013

Ahhhh thank you! :"D THAT'S MY FAVOURITE TOO, NOT GONNA LIE.

posted at 8:18pm on January 7th, 2013

Comment by Riverfox237

HHMMMMMMMmmmmmmm now I begin to understand...a little. OH GOODNESS END OF CHAPTER 2

XD I love that you totally referenced my whole concern about him caring more about bloody bootprints than dead bodies in the Vote Incentive. Although he has basically only confirmed my suspicion that he STILL doesn't care much about the actual lives of the people who used to inhabit those bodies, which in turn confirms that I would totally not enjoy being part of this organization.

posted at 2:32pm on January 7th, 2013

Ahahahaha thanks! I seriously love doing those Q&A doodles whenever I can get away with it without gettin' SPOILERY. :"D
(Though it's true, I think Esra totally missed your point.)

posted at 8:20pm on January 7th, 2013

Reply by Riverfox237

And I love reading your Q&A's, so by all means keep 'em coming! =D
(Maybe juuuust a little XD)

posted at 4:13pm on January 10th, 2013

Comment by Artificer-Urza

I just want to know why he's calling them plagiarists.

posted at 7:54pm on January 7th, 2013

Reply by VioletArrows

He called them that in the previous comic too. Whatever magic they're doing, he doesn't see it as legitimate magic (I suppose as opposed to the god-given, innate magic that runewriters use.)

posted at 10:45pm on January 8th, 2013

Comment by notepadgirl

Omg end of chapter two!! Come so far, and I'm so hooked!=) Now to a change in scenario, and maybe a new character, since chapter two got us Jonan? And I look forward to seeing their interactions, what with their weirdly impaired comunication...
Excited!!XD

posted at 9:24pm on January 8th, 2013

Comment by Tiffani the Pancake Slayer

Shit just got real.

posted at 2:44pm on January 10th, 2013

Comment by Jeweleya

I just have to say, I've been reading your work since you were doing TNH, and just... You just keep getting better! I don't know exactly why, but this page makes me say, "Dang, awesome!" :D Keep up the great work, I'm excited to see what happens in the future - and way to go on consistently improving as you have!

posted at 1:04am on January 13th, 2013