January 14th, 2013

While I finish up scripting things, have a title page for Chapter 3! :"D New Chapter begins next week~!

(I'll probably stick a larger version of the chapter image on tumblr later, but if you don't follow me there, you can also vote to see it!)

Comment by keith_m043

Is that Sam I see in the foreground? :)

posted at 12:31am on January 14th, 2013

Oh hey, I didn't notice that -- they do look kinda similar! But not quite; she'd be pretty far from home if she ended up here, haha!

posted at 6:09pm on January 14th, 2013

Cathedral of Florence was an inspiration?
And is that symbol on that sign the one tattooed on Iavin? Or it's just a shop of compasses?

posted at 1:46am on January 14th, 2013

Hahahaha OH MAN how could you tell? xD Seriously, though, what is the point of being inspired by Tuscany if you're not gonna use that dome, it's so great!

It's pretty close to that symbol, isn't it? Just upside down...!

posted at 6:11pm on January 14th, 2013

So I got 2 out of 2. Win! Oh yeah. :D

posted at 9:49am on January 15th, 2013

Comment by Artificer-Urza

Tentacle... Sigh... You had too, didn't you?

posted at 7:37pm on January 14th, 2013

Hahaha! :"D It's technically the title of the whole first volume, so all the chapter title-pages get it too BECAUSE I'M JUST SO PLEASED WITH IT.

posted at 7:31pm on January 15th, 2013

Reply by Sandy

At first I thought it said Tentacle difficulties, and I was like 'that's adorable', but then I reread it and it looked like 'Technical difficulties', and I thought 'oh. Well, it would have fit the comic so much, but...', and THEN I looked at it a third time and it WAS 'tentacle difficulties'. Yay!

posted at 9:28pm on January 25th, 2013

Comment by Tiffani the Pancake Slayer

So... are we going to see the tentacle situation resolved in the foreseeable future? :3

posted at 11:25pm on January 14th, 2013

Aw, what! It's no fun if I answer that! xD

posted at 7:31pm on January 15th, 2013

Reply by Tiffani the Pancake Slayer

I guess I will just have to wait...

Sir, you have gained another loyal stalker.

posted at 7:40pm on January 19th, 2013

Comment by Jeweleya

Hnnng the details! The colors! The gryphon! I wish I could do that Mary Poppins thing and jump into this picture... Also, skyways make me happy :D

posted at 12:04pm on January 15th, 2013

Aw, gosh, thanks so much! *u* (and geez that's an awesome idea, now *I* want to do that too)

posted at 7:39pm on January 15th, 2013

Comment by Riverfox237

Man, I love the composition of this title page! The textured background, the absolutely gorgeous single distant shot of a town, even the font. It looks simply lovely. ^^ Great job, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in this chapter!

posted at 9:13pm on January 15th, 2013

I've been through the archives and extras and comments a few times trying to figure out the way magic works in this universe, but I'm still not clear. Does each runewriting spell have a distinct rune shape attached to it? Do the runes define the general magic (say, a full-body transformation) and the spoken part specify the exact spell (transformation into a DRAGON, for instance)? Do spells/runes/spoken parts have to be used by the runewriter who created them?

And this is just the runewriting side of it. I won't even start on the ritualist side.

If it's not spoilerific, I'd love to know!
(Sorry it got kind of long.)

posted at 2:34pm on January 19th, 2013

Reply by NoRAd

I could be very wrong, but I think the runes -are- the spell, and speaking them activates it. You couldn't just speak the runes without having them written down first, because they aren't prepared, but the runes written contain, or are, the entirity of the spell.

posted at 4:25am on January 20th, 2013

Comment by HeavyliftSGT

I just happened to find this link through Withh's Quarry. There is some awesome drawing and great story line. I will be back!! Thanks for taking the time to entertain us!!

posted at 11:45am on January 29th, 2014