January 16th, 2018

so THAT'S what a mind miscast looks like!

And don't forget to vote for an extra doodle! This one clears up a small thing.

Comment by MagpieM

Oh boy!! OH BOY!! *delight*

posted at 1:02am on January 16th, 2018

omg these comments are giving me life IM SO GLAD

posted at 12:34pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by Himochi

I guess you were tempting fate by saying you had "nothing interesting like you guys" at the campfire meeting.

Double tempting with the hiding the witch thing too.

I think you had this comic Xira.

(I'm sobbing this is wonderful what an update bless this webcomic)

posted at 1:05am on January 16th, 2018

Reply by Himochi

coming* not comic
i guess i had that typo coming for making fun of xira haha

posted at 1:05am on January 16th, 2018

oh man I'm sure Xira will have some very interesting things to share around the campfire now!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted at 12:26pm on January 18th, 2018

"GUILT HIM."

shit my feelings towards Xira just went up by a lot probably. HECK.

posted at 2:13am on January 16th, 2018

HAHAHA KIRI WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED YOU IMMEDIATELY ZEROED IN ON THAT (im so glad omg)

posted at 12:26pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by boogeymadam

"jump into the river" I LOVE XIRA

posted at 3:34am on January 16th, 2018

IS THIS NOT WHAT WE ALL WOULD DO

posted at 12:27pm on January 18th, 2018

gosh, it feels like we JUST started trusting Xira, boy’s got no luck. And slightly extreme responses, jumping in the river at this point would not help your case right now, kid.

posted at 4:31am on January 16th, 2018

You can still trust Xira!!! im sure he is a very trustworthy boy with nothing to hide.

posted at 12:27pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by Galev

OH MY GOSH!
You are so evil Shazzbaa! :D
I mean we should have seen some miscast coming from him, wow. Now he really fits in with the group. Though it is quite weird that now he broadcasts his thoughts. That must be awkward. Also this is like irony over 9000. The guy who is literally made up of secrets is now made transparent.
Also now I am wondering if Sev and/or Tari are some sort of bad luck talisman that brings miscasts upon others :P

posted at 5:57am on January 16th, 2018

"some sort of bad luck talisman" YOU KNOW XIRA IS PROBABLY WONDERING THE SAME THING RIGHT ABOUT NOW

posted at 12:28pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by TheOtherDibbler

If everyone who comes close enough can 'hear' him, that's gonna be a security risk. Because everything wasn't bad enough already. :/

posted at 6:04am on January 16th, 2018

I'm sure a constant stream of nervous thoughts will in no way impact our ability to stay hidden!! Its probably fine!!!!

posted at 12:28pm on January 18th, 2018

Never have I ever related more to a character than Xira’s “jump into the river.” Holy cow you poor boy.

posted at 7:51am on January 16th, 2018

ITS A REASONABLE RESPONSE

posted at 12:28pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by Admirer

OH BOY I AM EXCITED FOR THIS LOVELY AND INTERESTING DEVELOPMENT YES INDEED THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF A FUN TIME THANK YOU FOR THIS EXCITING PLOT TURN

posted at 8:30am on January 16th, 2018

*claps my hands excitedly*

posted at 12:29pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by Diana

AAAAA OH MY GOSH I ACTUALLY GOT SOMETHING RIGHT FOR ONCE

okay gold star for me

I don't have any wildly clever insights for this page. Xira cute. SHIT is such a good reaction image. I'm glad u didn't jump into the river Xira. RIP anyway.

posted at 10:47am on January 16th, 2018

OMG YES CONGRATS

also
"a good reaction image" ur wish is my command

posted at 12:29pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by The Quiet One

Okay, I LOVE the middle panel where he mildly says out loud, "Oh shoot" but inside his mind is thinking "SHIT!" So relatable. It's why I like being alone if I'm going to stub my toe or something so I can scream curses to the gods as loudly as possible and don't have to censor myself.

posted at 12:12pm on January 16th, 2018

Back in chapter one I debated for a really long time whether to put swear words in the comic and for this moment I am so so glad I did. xD

posted at 12:31pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by Mythee

Regarding the doodle for the vote: Oh boy!! That's the thing I was curious about!

Can I just say how much I love that you lavish us with so much additional in-character interactions through these extra scenes

P.S. Xira's ability to not think about the thing he wants kept secret beyond the fact that he wants to keep it secret so far is impressive. Good jorb kid

posted at 3:36pm on January 16th, 2018

GOOD JOB KID,

K-KEEP IT UP,,,,

posted at 12:32pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by Fal

Ouch. And that's not just Tarry, it's everyone that can hear him.
(his thoughts are priceless though)
Also love Sev's reaction: "he's running away? That prooobably means I should follow him, and there's no way he'll be unhappy about it".
I like the parallel with the scene where Xira lost his fingers. Hope Sev can be as useful as Xira was.
Also I'm headcannoning his "She can't know" as refering to his feelings towards her and not to whatever shady business he has with the other presumed witch.

posted at 5:31pm on January 16th, 2018

Sev is magnetically attracted to opportunities to tease pals

posted at 12:32pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by Thren

AAAAAAAAAAA It took me awhile to be sure what had just happened but WHOOPS! I'm sure this can't end awkwardly in any way!

I like how for a brief second he's considering reacting to problematic mind reading by jumping into a river, surely somehow THAT will allow escape and not make everyone think you're a crazy person right??

The way the comic's always combining plot/worldbuilding with character shennanigans is just gold...

He's thinking 'she can't know,' so for now I'm thinking only Tareth can read his thoughts? She did exclaim about how she could, so Sev probably gets what just happened? Guess we'll find out next time!

posted at 3:25am on January 17th, 2018

"can't end awkwardly in any way" OF COURSE NOT!!!! WHATS A LITTLE MIND READING BETWEEN FRIENDS???

RIGHT XIRA??????????

posted at 12:35pm on January 18th, 2018

Comment by Meggyc

Time to move to the wilderness, living the life of a hermit avoiding contact with all sentient life-forms for the rest of his life.

Poor Xira.