May 23rd, 2017

xira, don't be such a scaredycat, it's only an unknown arcane ritual powerful enough to destroy hundreds of aberrants!

And as always, you can vote for an extra doodle! This one is about food.

Comment by Himochi

Finally, some food!!! Hurrah!

Xira is a cute dork too tbh; I love this.

posted at 12:11am on May 23rd, 2017

omg Aember asking for food too tho. WHAT A CUTE. HOW DARE.

posted at 2:15am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Random Passerby

AAA SAME

posted at 4:47am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Heather

TOO CUTE

posted at 10:16am on May 23rd, 2017

Aember can haz apel

posted at 11:35am on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by TheOtherDibbler

Re. the vote incentive - is Tareth aware of Sev's tragic back-story? Because I am suddenly concerned that he gained this knowledge a really bad way.

Also: I love how Sev said that about the stew. Wording and body language are both great.

Also also: I am intrigued as to what prompted Xira's question.

posted at 4:56am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Random Passerby

Maybe he's been in telepathic contact with whoever he's talking to in the black thought bubbles a long time? So to him, it seems weird to not be any more?

posted at 9:40am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Fal

I think Tareth is unaware (the vote incentive seems to go that way too). It seems like the kind of thing Sev would have tried to hide, and even if adults found out they probably wouldn't tell the kids -and they met as kids.

About Xira: maybe he has telepathic control over the whole city, and not being able to maintain the control field would mean everyone suddenly remembering and going for his blood? XD
But more seriously, either he's worried he'll act in a way mundane people wouldn't, and blow his cover, or he is just prudent (I mean, he's the only one of the main cast without any miscast, as far as we can see, and before the cultist spoke, they didn't know for sure what was causing this or if it was normal)

posted at 1:26pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by Devika

Awww Aember<3<3 so preciouss

Also, finally FOOD!

(I forgot, what does the blue text in the last panel mean?)

posted at 5:01am on May 23rd, 2017

Reply by Salaru

Whispering/lip reading I think.

posted at 7:11am on May 23rd, 2017

Jonan,what are those?! Because I am sure they are not legs! Seriously bor, never skip leg day! :)

posted at 11:33am on May 23rd, 2017

D'aww AEmber in the vote incentive!

And I just want to say again how cool it is that you have a different style for every form of "speaking". It shows so much thought and care, and it's also just really neat!

posted at 12:43pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by Threnodi

Oh wow, Xira, have you been in contact with your sneaky mental pen pal constantly, then? And it looks like from that black squiggle his question to Tareth isn't entirely academic??

Hehe, I like how the informative glasses-ritualist has Ezra's haircut. I guess between Ezra and Quentin, you probably went with the sounder role model there buddy?

And YAY for food, and yay for Sev knowing not to encourage Jonan to over-do it! (Though less yay for however he probably found that out D:) And Æmber! Guess it's time for a creepy-mystery-ritual picnic!

posted at 3:04pm on May 23rd, 2017

Comment by Threnodi

Oh yeah.. and reiteration that all the 'corrupted' miscasts are in fact counting as 'active' magic? I wonder what that means for the abberants... did the order do something recently to make this start being a thing? But abberants don't seem like new problems, and it seems like there's some link to 'corrupted' miscasts and abberants possibly.. maybe for some reason whatever weird magical state leads to them is happening more often now? HMM HMM!

posted at 3:08pm on May 23rd, 2017